A few years ago, we purchased a Dyson V11 Plus Cordless Vacuum To help keep floors free of litter, cat fur and (yes) even human debris. I was skeptical at first, but eventually realized that this vacuum was powerful enough to clean both our hardwood and carpeted floors that a regular vacuum couldn’t easily accomplish.
As with every Dyson vacuum, the V11 is very easy to use. With an easy-to-read LCD screen, you always know how much battery you have and even any alerts that may occur (such as a dirty filter). A great trick up this vacuum’s sleeve is that it automatically senses whether you’re on carpeted or non-carpeted floors. The second you hit the carpet, the Dyson powers up.
Also: 50+ Amazon Valentine’s Day Tech Deals Right Now
FYI, this vacuum has been discontinued by Dyson (because it was replaced by later, more powerful models), but it’s still available on Amazon and currently 35% off (from $720 to $470). At that price, this vacuum is a steal.
Features of the V11 include:
- 60% more power and 60-minute run time on a full charge.
- LCD screen shows power mode, maintenance alerts and remaining runtime.
- button (located on the LCD screen) that allows you to manually switch between the three modes.
- Three cleaning modes (Eco, Auto and Boost).
- The Motorbar Cleaner cleans all types of floors and even removes tangled long hair and pet fur as you clean.
- Converts quickly to handheld.
- Includes seven different accessories for versatile cleaning.
- HEPA filter included.
- Weight 6.6 lbs.
I’m not going to say this vacuum is perfect. From our experience, the V11 is absolutely brilliant on carpets but on hardwood floors, it’s somewhat lacking. To pick the kitty litter choices, you have to punch up the mod to boost, otherwise, you have to go over those bits multiple times to pick them. In boost mode, however, the litter is lifted more efficiently. The problem with boost mode is that it will drain your battery much faster. Like our older Dyson vacuums, you get about 10 to 15 minutes of runtime after a full charge when running on high power mode. So, use boost mode wisely.
Also a warning, Dyson V11 It’s a great vacuum that’s helped keep our floors (and furniture) clean to meet the needs of two people who like their living space to be spotless. And at this price (even discontinued), you can’t beat the V11.